World Health Organization (WHO): Zonal Data Assistant
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Zonal Data Assistant
Ref Id: 1703734
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of IVE focal point and guidance of the state coordinator the monitoring and evaluation officer will carry out the following specific task:
- Capture, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI.
- Update the all Zonal disease databases with results received from the laboratories and WCO
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to ZDM/M&E
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Follow up with states in the zone to acquire complete and timely data.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
Required Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or Data Management related field with additional data management training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (QGIS, ArcGIS, Healthmapper etc)
- Basic knowledge of ICT, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
Application Deadline 16th November, 2017. To apply click here