United Nations World Food Programme: A Business Support Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Programme Unit)
Requisition #: 74105
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ).
- Job holders typically provide administrative support to team(s) and/or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate.
- At this level, work is carried out under close supervision or immediately available assistance. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the WFP Head of Office and the supervision of the Head of Area Office, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function;
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff;
- Liaise with appropriate section to prepare and follow up on the implementation of the monthly plan of mission for the unit ;
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients;
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word;
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision;
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School Education. Post secondary school training/qualification in general administration, office management is desired.
- Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
- Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Application Deadline 28th January, 2018. To apply click here