UFR Offshore NDT: Supervisor Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited has an history dated back from 1996 when the company was initially established as a partnership between RCG – Moody International and Nigerian investors. In 2014 the company became a fully owned Nigerian company with many worldwide partners for service delivery.
Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry. Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited services portfolio includes; Outsourcing/Technical Staffing Services (TSS), Technical Inspection Services (TIS), Expediting/Status Reporting, Consultancy, Training, Cargo superintendent and Procurement Services.
- Make sure the weld preparation and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications.
- Make sure the welds and their non-destructive testing are duly identified.
- Ensure that NDE equipment and procedure on use onboard are in accordance with the project specifications.
- Ensure all pipeline welds AUT or X-rayed during his shift are duly interpreted by the NDE agents of CONTRACTOR.
- Supervise NDE processing and make sure it is done according to good workmanship.
- Witness all the NDE done during his shift, make his own interpretation of the results and agree with the NDE
- CONTRACTOR about the status to be given to the welds. In the absence of TPA onboard the vessel, the NDE
- Supervisor will act as the highest technical authority on board to validate NDE interpretation.
- Inform the COMPANY Main Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication.
- Ensure that the traceability of NDE results is well maintained onboard through appropriate QC records.
- Collect the reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative.
- Liaise with UFR welding specialist when required
During the mobilization phase, he shall be able to judge the capability and skillfulness of welders in order to support the following:
Inspection and expertise of any NDE carried out on installation aids or auxiliary fabrications as per specifications.
Safety is the core value of the Total Group and shall be the first and foremost priority for all COMPANY offshore personnel.
The NDT Supervisor shall demonstrate exemplary HSE behavior and ensure that all acts under his supervision are conducted in a safe manner according to the Total Golden Rules, CONTRACTOR HSE rules and all international and local regulations.
In particular the NDT Supervisor shall:
- Report safety improvements, anomalies and incidents according the HSE management system on board the vessel
- Stop immediately all unsafe acts by COMPANY, CONTRACTOR or third party personnel
- Be a safety leader for all CONTRACTOR and subcontractor staff in his domain of supervision
- Not engage in any unsafe acts
To apply click here
- Previous offshore AUT experience on board J-Lay a pipe laying vessel
- AUT and X-ray radiography interpretation qualification up to date
- Certified UT inspector:
- Level 2 (3rd party) as per ISO 9712 or,
- Level 3 as per ISO 9712
- Fully conversant with DNV OS-F101 / API 11-4 welding code as well as GS EP PLR 420/421 and 430
- Having a solid experience in AUT and film reading for offshore pipeline
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate