U.S. Embassy recruitment: Document Control Assistants in Abuja
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Economic Section:
Job Title: Document Control Assistant
Period of Performance: Five (5) years renewable
Basic Function of the Position
- The Document Control Clerk of USAID/Nigeria is responsible for controlling and managing the document flow of accounting transactions such as obligations, commitments, disbursements, collections, accruals and other manual documents.
- The incumbent supports Voucher Examiners in the Office of Financial Management (OFM) in the examination, analyses and processing payments for a variety of difficult and complex vouchers, including claims against contracts, purchase orders, grants, cooperative agreements and travel vouchers; ensures that claims/payments request documents are valid and accurate; the expenditures presented for reimbursement are consistent with the terms and conditions as stated in the contracts or grants; and that they are adequately supported by proper and sufficient documentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates Agency Secure Image and System Tracking (ASIST) for the OFM: 35%
- Maintains Office of Financial Management electronic/hard copy filing system to ensure that documents are completed in accordance with set filing procedures and processes.
- Initiates creation of new vendors in Phoenix, ensures that vouchers not automatically selected through interface with Phoenix are identified and created manually in ASIST with proper description.
Creates electronic invoicing documents in Phoenix (momentum): 25 %
- Incumbent receives, date-stamps and logs into the Phoenix system all incoming payments documents, ensures invoices submitted to OFM are complete, valid, proper, adequately supported.
- Ensures that invoices are logged in the payment tracking system on time, return all invalid, unsupported and improper invoices/vouchers to vendors/suppliers within 7 days; reviews voucher report to ensure that data in the payment tracking system is correct; monitors the flow of payment documentation to ensure that all processed invoices in Phoenix are closed within 30 days and supports the Accounts Payable Unit to comply with requirements of the USG Prompt Pay Act.
Payroll Liaison: 20%
- Provides back-up support to the main payroll liaison (Admin/Financial Assistant) for US Direct Hire (USDH), U.S. Personal Service Contractors (USPSC), Third Country Nationals (TCNs), and Foreign Service Nationals (FSN) payrolls.
- For USDH payroll, reporting includes the use of a specialized software package. USPSC and TCN payroll processing includes the reporting and coordinating payroll reporting with the Regional Payroll Center (USAID/Ghana).
Establishes and Maintains Contract and Institutional payment files: 20%
- Establishes and maintains a work file of obligation/sub-obligation documents and subsequent amendments, computation and analysis of work papers of incurred costs and fees, advance records and other related correspondences.
- This includes contract/grant briefings, disbursement histories, and other supporting documentation used during the payment review and examination process.
Area of Consideration:
- Nigerians and all individuals eligible to work in Nigeria with a valid Work permit.
- The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
- Minimum of College/University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in voucher examination/accounts payables, or office administration is required.
- (List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (sp/read): Level IV (fluent) in English – spoken and written is required.
- Good working knowledge of secretarial and administrative processes, procedures, filing systems and processes, and related matters is required. Good knowledge of accounting office operations is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
Must have experience with a desk top computer, Printer, scanner, photocopier, Micro-software packages, i.e. Word, and Excel, payroll software and other automated financial management systems is highly desirable. To apply click here