Treasury Accountant: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa\'s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
They are recruiting to fill this position
Group Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- To provide a routine product reporting on income statement and balance sheet and reconciliation function within the Product Control Division of Global Markets Finance
- Daily calculation of P&L, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reconciliation of the P&L and product balance sheet between front office dealing systems, core banking systems, general ledger and dealers, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reporting, analyses and investigation of P&L and product balance sheet.
- Investigation and resolution of daily P&L and balance sheet variances.
- Preparation of periodic P&L and balance sheet summaries/analyses.
Key Performance Measures:
- Resolution of outstanding items within the set deadline.
- Reporting of month-end intercompany balances before 12 noon of first working day of the new month.
- Daily advice of accurate trade settlement before 9am.
- Timely reporting and resolution of all general ledger differences
- Timely remittances of statutory obligations
- Ensuring that all relevant financial information is updated on a daily basis for prompt financial
- IT – front office, country and central core banking support and SAP support
- External relationships:
- Liaising with external auditors and regulators on issues that relates to FX position.
Qualification and Requirements:
To apply click here
- Finance/Accounting Degree, ACA, ACCA, CFA or any other relevant financial degree.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in product control or similar environment (finance or risk support role would be sufficient)
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise:
- A good understanding of financial instruments
- A clear understanding of Accounting for financial instruments.
- Knowledge of Calypso software.