Training Specialist: Management Systems International (MSI)
Management Systems International (MSI) is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver development results across the developing world. They operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption.
Training Specialist will report directly to the project Chief of Party (COP). The position will be responsible for the design of training lesson plans, modules and training guides for all project training activities. The Training Specialist will be responsible for incorporating adult learning skills objectives and techniques to prepare training modules to follow adult learning quality standards.
- Serve as a senior technical team member and guide all design and development of adult learning training lesson plans and training guides.
- Coordinate closely with subject matter experts to design effective training approaches based on target audience need.
- Lead all Training of Trainers (ToT) workshops to ensure compliance and understanding of lesson plan objectives and approaches to training modules.
- Design and deliver ToT workshops to beneficiaries such as local commune councils, NGOs and civil society groups.
- Adjust and modify training modules based on feedback.
- Conduct regular assessments of training outcomes.
- Prepare sections of the quarterly and annual report related to all training activities and outcomes.
To apply click here
- Degree in public administration, human resource management, or a related area.
- Previous experience designing and implementing adult learning training modules including curriculum, lesson plans, objectives and learning assessments.
- Demonstrated training expertise in: financial management, budget preparation and tracking, institutional capacity-building and micro-finance.
- English language fluency or other local language preferred.