Technical Officer - Clinical Services: AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
The job holder will provide technical and programmatic support for the delivery of quality HIV services, and attainment of program goals. S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for program sustainability.
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Clinical Services and State Teams, between the APIN Program Office, Program Sites, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders Work with other team members towards the scale-up of HIV services by supporting the identification of areas of unmet need and expansion of services to new sites
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Provide technical and programmatic support for high quality program implementation in the areas of ART, PMTCT, HIV/TB and HIV clinical care services, in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and program sustainability
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and document best practices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent), a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) and a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in HIV prevention, treatment and care programs.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2016.
How to Apply To apply click here
Interested and qualified candidates should write stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above for the position.