Tax Manager Vacancy: Jumia
Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. They started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services
They are currently looking for talented people to join their team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
- As Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of tax accounting and will be one of the key support role for the Accounting function alongside the Head of AP, AR and Inventory accounting.
- Completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support in a timely manner
- Audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken
Qualification & Experience
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm and/ or MNC; 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance.
- Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS.
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems, Navision experience is a plus
- Strong working experience in local taxation.
To apply click here
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.