TA Emergency Communications Specialist, P-3: UNICEF Nigeria
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the incumbent will support a wide range of communication and public advocacy work focusing on the emergency in northeast Nigeria, including media engagement and the preparation of external communication materials.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Support the Communication Section by:
- Preparing and sharing appropriate and timely materials with National Committees and the UNICEF Department of Communication – across digital, social media, video, stills and feature stories; this to include research and writing, as well as editing photographs, stories, blogs, and field diaries supplied by UNICEF staff
- Monitoring the situation for input to key messages and Q&As and keeping all such materials updated and accurate
- Coordinating writers, photographers and videographers contracted by the Country Office
- Prepare and distribute required communication and visibility materials for existing donors and materials for potential donors
- Supporting UNICEF Nigeria social media presence
- Supporting the preparation and execution of visits by media
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations (or an undergraduate degree plus at least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.)
To apply click here
• 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
• International and national work experience.
• Background/familiarity with emergency situations.
Excellent English, both written and spoken, is required.