Strategic Business Development Manager: Layer3 Limited
In order to support their client's diverse businesses, Layer3 delivers world-class solutions that meet their client's technology needs.
- You will be responsible for implementation of new strategies, designing and monitoring
- Performance measures, and designing and implementing new business models and business planning to support new strategies in line with changing market dynamics.
- The successful candidate will be required to build a market position for Layer3 by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. You will also need to develop and maintain partner strategy by researching and analyzing product, customer, and market needs.
The role dimensions are:
- Strategy and Implementation
- Business Development
- Product Management
The role adds value by:
- Providing high-level coordination and technical expertise to ensure effective management of the strategic planning process to ensure effective implementation of the new strategies
- Designing and implementing a business planning framework to support the implementation of our Strategic Plan
- Managing the development of new business and financial models aligned to the new strategies
- Managing the implementation of products from beginning phases through final launch/release of products
Strategic Business Development Manager Skills required:
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Market and industry knowledge
- Excellent planning skills
- Implementation and execution skills
- Talent for innovative and creative thinking
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Product marketing & product management experience.
- Considerable experience of developing business models and business plans.
- Ability to evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
- Considerable knowledge of and direct experience of leading with strategic planning processes
- Experience of designing organizational performance measures
- Proven working experience in project management
- Problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Layer3 portfolio knowledge
- Cultural awareness
- Change management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Negotiation and argumentation skills
- Presentation and communication skills
- PMP / PRINCE II certification a plus
- Passion to win
To apply click here
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electronics/Communications Engineering, Business Administration or Computer Science (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience
- Professional training – Business Development and partner management training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, line of business applications space, business process consulting or automation, CRM (Open ERP or other), employee performance management (systems and processes)
- People - people management and professional skills development of employees; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams; readiness and career plan development
- Organization - experience in successfully implementing new organization models including change management aspects
- Understanding and knowledge of Juniper Networks, Cisco, F5, VMware, Blue Coat, AirWatch and other Layer3 partner and competitor products is a big plus