Solidarites International: WASH Coordinator
Solidarites International – For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Their mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Coordinator
Desired Start Date: 15/11/2017
Duration of the mission: 12 months
About the Job
- The WASH coordinator, as technical advisor of the mission, contributes to the development of Solidarités International strategy by proposing a sector-based strategy in the field of Water supply, Sanitation and HP.
- He/she coordinates the project cycle and more particularly the operational monitoring of WASH programs implemented in the intervention country.
- He/she contributes to the process of capitalization and the improvement of Solidarités International methods and techniques in the field of WASH.
- He/she specifically guarantees the quality and suitability of proposed technical approaches and ensures the appropriateness of WASH activities and general SI objectives to the needs of the local populations.
- Bac + 5 (Master’s Degree) Degree in Water Sanitation and Hygiene related sector, Engineering, Environment and/or Geology, and/or professional technical humanitarian-oriented training (Bioforce WASH)
- Previous experience in coordination position.
- Experience in cash-based project is an asset.
- Experience in team management.
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building of staff.
- Significant experience in an English-speaking environment.
- Three years’ experience in relevant Water, Sanitation and Hygiene project management and/or coordination in NGO / humanitarian fields.
- Previous experience in an unstable environment significant previous experiences in emergency contexts and protracted crises (conflict / post conflict country), is an asset.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of project cycle management, project design and proposal writing.
- Knowledge in cash based initiatives is an asset.
- Knowledge of SI rules and procedures is an advantage.
- Knowledge of disaster risk reduction approaches would be an advantage.
- Technical knowledge on hydrogeology basics, boreholes drilling and O&M, wells construction, stream catchment and gravity flow network design and management.
- Knowledge of community mobilization, water and sanitation social management, hygiene promotion methodologies and public health basics.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2017. To apply click here