Service Desk Analyst: Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
- The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for the users who call our IT Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Analyst answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a call tracking system, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion.
- The Service Desk Analyst escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. Being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance.
- Respond to questions from all emails and callers.
- Become familiar with each client and their respective applications.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
To apply click here
- Serve as the single point of contact within Dangote Group as well as group companies and subsidiaries for IT related issues
- Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
- Take ownership and responsibility of an issues from start through to a successful resolution
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Dealing with queries by following departmental procedures for fault resolution
- The duties requires that the Service Desk Agent receives and logs work requests using ticketing applications such as Spiceworks or related applications