Senior Legal Officer Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE)
Vodafone Group Enterprise (VGE) is a Global organization, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive - wherever in the world they do business. They are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do 'more with less' by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
- The role is necessary for Handling commercial-legal and regulatory issues within the company with the purpose of eliminating legal and contractual risk and gaining for the company every lawful advantage.
- Timely Handling of drafting, reviewing and negotiation of vendor and supplier contracts including but not limited to Master Service Agreements, Service Orders, SLAs, Lease Agreements, MoUs, NDAs and all such agreements between VBN and its business partners.
- Ensure reduction in contract turn-around time by working closely with relevant internal stakeholders and effectively support contract execution process through document quality checks and the dispatch and movement of contracts and Legal documents in and out of the department.
- Formulate appropriate terms and conditions for company’s new products and services.
- Handle all Company secretarial tasks; keep and maintain the Company register, prepare board meeting packs and update corporate records on an ongoing basis.
- Draft board resolutions and undertake corporate filings with relevant government agencies.
- The job holder must be a qualified lawyer and must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Law Degree (Second Class Lower Division). A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years post call experience working as in-house counsel, preferably in the telecoms/ICT industry, with excellent working knowledge of telecommunications law, commercial law, property law, company law and regulatory liaison engagement.
- Must have the working knowledge of telecommunications law, commercial law, property law, company law and regulatory liaison engagement.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good command of English Language and must be proficient in the use of Computer and Microsoft Office packages and a working knowledge of SharePoint and SAGE Pastel is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have a broad-based positive attitude, strong and a desire to work as a member of a high-performance global team. The candidate should be collaborative, open to working with a diverse group, and interested in dynamic, progressive and evolving work and responsibilities.
To apply click here
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate customer requirement into technical installation documents.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, global environment.
- Big picture thinking coupled with a strong focus on details, processes, and documentation
- Multitasking ability and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.