Senior Big Data Developer: Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
- As one of the principal players in the world’s financial markets, Citi is involved in conducting millions of trading events every day. We have a responsibility to the financial regulators, our clients and ourselves to identify and prevent fraudulent, malicious or erroneous behavior.
- Citi is building a distributed data platform to drive its surveillance functions by acquiring the trading events and enrichment data required for a combination of rule-based and advanced feature-based surveillance algorithms. The volume and variety of data involved in these surveillances and the complexity of the algorithms results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
- The Big Data Development Team is rapidly establishing itself in Belfast - the global centre for Citi’s Trade Surveillance software development with the full SDLC from business requirements through to production support.
- To aid in the growth and maturity of the team we are looking to bring in a senior developer to help define and drive the team’s technical delivery. Collaborating directly with the Big Data Development lead in Belfast, this is a significant opportunity for an experienced developer or engineer with experience in modern data platforms to move into a role with responsibility for technical decisions and to mentor a growing team.
- The team primarily works with the following technologies and languages:
- Hadoop (CDH)
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza)
You will report into the Big Data Development leader, also located in Belfast.
- Collaborating with the team leader to define best practice in Java and Hadoop development paradigms including documentation and system monitoring
- Challenging and helping to direct our technical roadmap and proposing the adoption of new technology or techniques
- Providing breakdowns of project deliverables and estimate
Qualifications and Requirements:
To apply click here
- A confident and tenacious data engineer with an authoritative knowledge of Java and Hadoop and/or other distributed data platforms
- Comfortable working with large data volumes and be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of logical data structures and analysis techniques
- Able to demonstrate an expertise in identifying and resolving data quality issues – in data sets at rest and in flight
- An expert SQL coder and at ease writing Linux shell scripts
- Experienced with automated build and test processes
- A superb written and verbal communicator
- highly adaptable and be willing to mentor and train more junior team members
- Organized and prepared to manage multiple parallel pieces of work
- Appreciative of a diverse workforce and recognize that differences in style or perspective are one of our organisation’s key strengths
- Additionally, the following attributes will be advantageous:
- A strong degree in any mathematical subject including physics, mathematics, engineering or computer science
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Prior work on cloud computing platform