Save the Children: Logistics Assistant
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. They work in 120 countries. They save children’s lives; they fight for their rights; they help them fulfill their potential. They work together, with their partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing logistics staff, vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the programme team.
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective (PABX and CUG). Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Maintain and regularly update current contact database of other INGO organizations, donors and embassies.
- Manage the diaries of the Base Managers where required.
- Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of the mail and courier.
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
Requirements, Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Degree
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired number of years prior experience in a similar role – 2
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Kindly note CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis due to the urgency of this position.
Application Deadline 8th December, 2017. To apply click here