SEN Teacher: Amis Educational Consultancy Services
Al-Hidaayah Academy is a new Islamic Faith Secondary School located in Gwarinpa, Abuja opening September 2016 with Year 7 and 8. They are an equal opportunity employer and are seeking applications from all qualified candidates.
The position of SEN Teacher is responsible for ensuring that each child regardless of abilities is able to reach their full potential. The SEN Teacher may also be required to teach an additional subject based on the number of students within the SEN program.
- University Degree
- Previous experience within a secondary school either as a Teacher with at least 5 years’ experience
- Proficient in the use of written and spoken standard English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and achieve results
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to implement programs
- Proven ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Special Demands:
- Must be able to be active consistently for up to 4 hours including walking, standing or kneeling
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 30 kg
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
To apply click here
- Set targets for student achievement and work closely with each child to achieve goals. Should a child be at risk of falling behind every effort must be made to engage further support such as their Parents, and Head Teacher to assist the child.
- Plan lessons based on curriculum requirements considering the various needs and abilities of all students in the class. The lessons should include the use of various teaching methods and approaches for both content and students. The lesson should be appropriately placed using both time and resources effectively.
- Develop and submit weekly teaching plans as per school policy.
- Ensure you are fully prepared for each class including but not limited to arriving on time, prepared lesson plans, adequate resources and use of various teaching methods.
- Responsible for positive classroom management including communicating general classroom rules and providing opportunity for children to master these rules, rewarding positive behavior and limiting negative behavior using positive discipline tools.
- Responsible for marking and assessing student work. Student Work must be marked in a timely manner and may not exceed three days without being marked and recorded.
- Responsible for assigning homework that reinforces the material learned in the classroom as well as extends and challenges the students learning further.
- Engage students further by consistently providing out of classroom and real life application of their learning.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the children in the classroom at all times.
- Responsible for any necessary record keeping as determined by the school management such as but not limited to records related to class work, assessment and observations and student’s progress. These records are to be submitted as outlined as per school management and are subject to change.
- Actively seek out opportunities to continuously update knowledge and expertise in subject matter.
- Responsible for reporting to the school management any and all suspicious or inappropriate activity by staff, students or parents.
- Share ideas, knowledge and experience with fellow staff members in order to assist in developing better school practices.
- Support school activities by attending all school meetings and or events as scheduled by the school management.