SABMiller Plc: A Risk Manager
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. They do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. They are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Management Manager, West Africa (Formerly Internal Audit Manager, West Africa)
Reference Number: ABI101
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Support the Africa Risk Management Director in the annual Risk Management planning process by analyzing key risk KPIs and gathering feedback from BU West Africa’s senior executives;
- Leverage the potential of data analytics, partially through engaging with the Global Risk Management Analytics team located in India;
- Constantly keep yourself up-to-date with leadership changes, ongoing projects and new business developments inside the Africa Zone in order to identify potential areas where support from the Global Risk Management team might be required in the short term;
- Follow-up on the implementation of your recommended action plans in order to ascertain sustainable risk mitigation and added value to the business.
- Lead individual projects in collaboration with the relevant internal functional stakeholders, from problem understanding until final presentation to functional leads (VPs and BU Functional Directors);
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelors qualification
- Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, ACCA or BCom with major study in Accountancy.
- Willingness to invest time in exploring innovative ways of leveraging data analytics techniques and shape the future of our department;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- PC Skills: proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and ideally knowledge of Syspro.
- Must have at least five years relevant experience (e.g. consulting, advisory or external audit in an international company or “Big 4”; financial reporting, financial performance management, etc.);
- Familiar with international and local corporate governance codes;
Key competencies and attributes:
To apply click here
- High level of curiosity, ability to quickly acquire a “helicopter view” on processes and identify process risks;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and prioritize your work in order to meet deadlines;
- Ethical and honest.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to design and execute an effective test approach in order to understand whether a process works as expected in the most efficient way;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to influence senior ABI stakeholders and clearly communicate with them;
- Excellent communication skills in English – both verbal and written;
- Strong coaching skills and willingness to develop your team members;
- Analytical skills and affinity for data analytics techniques (i.e. using full datasets in order to draw meaningful conclusions instead of using samples);