Project Finance Administrator: Oxfam
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 independent aid and development organisations networked together to fight poverty and injustice around the world. Working with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries, the mission of Oxfam is a just world without poverty. With a conviction that people are well capable of building a life devoid of poverty on their own once given the chance to do so, Oxfam works with partners on projects in developing countries, lobbies companies and governments to take into account the interests of the poorest people and campaigns to ensure men and women are involved in decisions on issues that affect their lives.
- Responsible for the Setup of financial administration systems and procedures of the LINE Project, fully complying with Oxfam and Global Affairs Canada financial management rules and requirements
- Responsible for verification of expenditure and implementation of corresponding payments and recoveries after their authorization by the Project Manager
- Keeps all financial records and transactions relating to the LINE project in Bauchi state in accordance with Global Affairs Canada and Oxfam Novib procedures and submit timely replenishment requests and reports
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports/statements for the project in line with standard accounting principles-including budget tracking and preparation of budget variance analysis
- Prepares cash flow statement and cash forecasts for the project as and when needed
- Liaises with the Administrative Officer (Procurement) and Finance and Support Manager (FSM) in Abuja
- Design and implement a Grant Management System for partners and ensure timely, effective financing and reporting from the same.
- Support internal and external auditing processes by providing all supporting documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
To apply click here
- Minimum of Masters in Finance or MBA in Accounting or other financial related discipline.
- At least ten years practical experience in Financial Management and Accounting. Five years out of this should have been on Contract and Grant Management within an NGO setting
- Commitment to gender and diversity and to addressing inequality in all aspects of this job.
- Computer literacy, particularly proven experience in accounting packages, word processing and spreadsheets. High proficiency in use of Excel required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong initiative, tenacity and proven capacity to get the job done.