Project Engineering Manager; General Electric (GE)
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Power Services Engineering is looking for a Project Engineering Manager (PEM) with proven track record and experience in power generation plant technologies, commissioning, or O&M that is seeking a challenging and rewarding career path in the Power Services project engineering team in the MEA.
- Represent as the technical focal point for projects thru coordination and planning all aspects of assessing, proposing, and technical execution of plant rehab and upgrade opportunities by leveraging the regional and global teams at every step of the process.
- Work closely with the performance analytics team and systems team in determining the scope of the plant upgrades and the inter-dependencies between different technologies and product lines
- Work with regional/global application teams in understanding all aspects of the technical proposals that include complex, extended scope (BOP) and flange-to-flange upgrades & CM&Us
- Provide technical management throughout the execution process and work closely with fulfillment teams in assuring a smooth handover and execution with mitigated risk plans
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 8 years of experience in an engineering or technology role
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management of medium to large scale industrial projects
- Extensive knowledge of general turbomachinery and power plant building blocks including balance of plant
- Experience with power plant design and upgrades, including systems analysis and testing
To apply click here
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience managing complex projects in a multidisciplinary approach
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills