Program Assistant: Abt Associates
Abt Associates International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world.
Serving both the public and private sectors, their efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management.
Project Summary/Job Description
- Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) plus is USAID's flagship initiative in private sector health, which began in September 2015.
- The primary goal of the project is to improve health outcomes and contribute to the achievement of major global efforts, especially Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths, AIDS-free Generation, and FP2020.
- The private sector is integral to the health system and an important provider of priority health care services.
- To improve health outcomes and meet these global commitments, SHOPS Plus Nigeria will strategically engage the private sector.
- The Program Assistant provides information gathering, research, and related services of intermediate scope and difficulty.
- The Lagos-based Technical Specialist 08/Program Assistant assists the program units in implementation of project activities in Lagos, Kaduna, Edo and Kebbi States.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical backstopping to all project activities in implementation of project activities including: strategies to expand delivery and increase use of quality private sector RH/FP/MCH services, training, monitoring, supervision and follow up.
- Manage the design and implementation of work plan activities involving: behavior change communication, forming an enabling policy environment for the private sector, NGO/provider association sustainability, and knowledge of the private sector.
- Assist with the planning and attend regional meetings.
- Draft project success stories and collate project data for quarterlies and annual reports.
- Coordinate closely with the Chief of Party to support the design and implementation of project activities, work plans and budget
- 2+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply click here
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.