Perfetti Van Melle is a major player in the confectionery business, producing and distributing candies and chewing gums in more than 150 countries of the world. Currently, the business is recruiting for the position of Production Operator in its Nigeria Operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running assigned machines ensuring production plans are delivered on time within the standard quality parameter and having consideration for safety of self and others’.
• Responsible for executing production plan with desired quality and productivity norms
• Ensuring the delivery of given production target output on timely basis
• Control to the barest minimum material wastages in line with acceptable standards
• Responsible for regular up-keep of process and parking machines including general; hygiene of the work area
• Maintaining Die sets, Moulds, Nozzles and other production related spares in top shape to maximise output
• Carrying out production activities in line with SOP and guidelines as stipulated by PVM Management
• Maintaining security as well as safety of Men, Machine and Materials on the shop Floor
Knowledge and Key Competencies
• Basic Knowledge of Machine Operations.
• Good food hygiene & quality know how.
• Good working knowledge of production activities.
• Knowledge of GMP and Workplace Organization
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Multitasking and Time Management skills
• Numerate Skills
• Minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit preferably from the Sciences including English language and Mathematics in SSCE or its equivalent
• Ability to operate Automatic/Semi-Automatic Machines a Food/Confectionery environment is desirableTo apply click here