Procurement Supervisor (Trainee Level): U.S. Consulate, April 2017
The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the General Services Office (GSO):
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent procures a variety of services for the Mission. Performs contract administration on all formal contracts, purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements and purchase card transactions. S/he maintains filing systems for all contracting activities using eFiling and the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS).
All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified:
- A University Degree in Business Management, Administration or Accounting is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and related fields is required. One of the two years’ experience must be in procurement.
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Good working knowledge of business practices, acquisition policies and procedures as well as knowledge of available procurement methods and techniques is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and word processing applications is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S.
- Mission HR's decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans' preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans' preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans' preference will not be considered in the application process.
Additional Selection Criteria
To apply click here
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.