Procurement Site Liaison Manager: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
- Production procurement supports the commercial ambitions of GSK by providing procurement services to GMS for production materials and site in directs. The key mechanisms for this delivery are the sourcing and selection of suppliers, supplier relationship management, and risk mitigation.
- The site liaison manager (SLM) is responsible for partnering with the site to ensure its priorities and business requirements are understood, and for delivering a high level of customer service and support.
- The success of the shared service model relies on the relationship between the service provider and customer to deliver the service to meet agreed business requirements. This role will require high level influencing and teamwork/customer focus.
- Serve as the ambassador for production procurement and represent procurement to the site leadership team
- Delivery of site procurement plan and savings targets
- Alignment of production procurement activities with site priorities
- Resolution of procurement-owned supply issues and communication of root cause and corrective actions to site
- Deliver excellent customer service, and maintain a high level of visibility and performance with site stakeholders
- Serve as the main procurement point of contact for the site, and primary site contact for procurement
- Manage and influence key business and procurement stakeholders
- Identify and drive savings opportunities
- Update site on procurement initiatives, planned projects, changes to category responsibility, etc.
- Drive and monitor implementation of procurement activities (e.g., projects, strategy implementation) at site, and update site on the status of key projects and supplier changes
- Support site working capital initiatives; identify and lead opportunities to reduce inventory costs
- Ensure site compliance to issue escalation process. Escalate 2nd touch supply issues, as needed
- At least 6 years’ experience in a similar role
To apply click here
- Bachelors degree at the minimum in related area