Procurement Officer: Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps Nigeria's humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from humanitarian donors including OFDA, FFP, and ECHO the humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, logistics and relief commodities, protection, livelihoods, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian response actors.
General Position Summary:
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for overseeing procurement aspects of Mercy Corps’ South Borno program operation.
- Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics the Procurement Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through timely procurement of program supplies and office running supplies.
Essential Job Functions
- He/ She will be the lead person in all procurement process in South Borno ensuring there is timely delivery of all supplies with complete document of the whole process.
- Coordinates daily Mercy Corps (MC) procurement activities, with respect to internal procedures.
- Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Provide training to new staff on these policies and provided refresher training as gap in staff knowledge are identified;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s with support from Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer in Abuja - as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Maintains PR Master Lists and shares with staff on weekly bases.
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations - explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply click here
- Degree in Business Studies, Accounting is desired. 2-3 years of experience in large scale supply chain management, preferably with an International Non-Governmental organization.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.