Principal Consultant Energy Connections: GE Nigeria
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through their people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Energy Consulting, a part of GE Energy Connections, offers our global clients (external & internal GE) a wide range of solutions across the entire spectrum of power generation, delivery and utilization.
- Energy Consulting is divided into four Practice Areas: Power Economics, Power Systems Operation and Planning (PSOP), Global Power Projects, and Software.
- Their Power Economics team offers analyses focused on understanding and study of the financial and physical operation of the electric power systems including generation and grid planning, system optimization, asset valuation, competitive power markets and energy policy implications.
- Their Power Systems Operation and Planning team utilizes their deep knowledge of connected power grid planning, design, operation, and life-cycle management, to offer customized solutions to our global clients and other GE businesses.
- The Global Power Projects group supports new and upgraded thermal power plants with grid code testing, PSS settings, and power plant monitors (TSRs and TSAs) as well NPI, model development, field testing, and proposal support for GE Wind projects and proposals.
- This position is for a Principal Consultant with a focus on Power Systems Operations & Planning, within Energy Consulting, working across the organization.
- Support GE business initiatives related to the systems equipment and services of the business, and provide advisory services to our industry
- Perform power system analysis including: modeling, simulation, and evaluation of design alternatives
- Lead the development/refinement of tools and techniques for power system simulation
- Effectively communicate results to both internal and external executives by preparing written detailed and summary reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and customer value propositions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical, Mechanical, or Electric Power Engineering
- At least 10 years of professional experience in engineering, product management or a related function
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to lead engineering / economics teams to high value technical / economic solutions
- Solid understanding of power systems phenomena and power systems equipment: generation, transmission, distribution and industrial
- Understanding of protection design concepts for major power systems equipment
To apply click here
- Advanced degree in electrical, mechanical or electric power engineering from an accredited university or college
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and influence individuals and teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills suitable for making presentations to internal and external business executives, and for supporting GE executive external communications
- Proficiency with office productivity software e.g. MS Office