Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI): A Community Health Officer
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a nongovernmental, nonprofit, nonpolitical and nonreligious international aid organization. Their teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Their aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Mobile Health Clinics Project Manager, the Community Health Officer is responsible of the community health workers’ team (CHW team) and is in charge of the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of their activities: to promote, maintain and improve the individual and community health by assisting and encouraging the community to adopt healthy behaviors
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the motivation and cohesion of the CHW team
- Plan, supervise and participate in the CHW health and hygiene promotion sessions
- Organise and facilitate team meetings
- Communicate on a regular basis with the PM
Supervision and Training of the Community Health Workers:
- He/She participates actively to the design of health and hygiene promotion and its curriculum.
- He/She trains and supports the CHW team in the design of health and hygiene promotion interventions.
- He/She supervises the CHW team on the field.
- He/She accompanies the CHWs in their preparation of a campaign: ensure they have the necessary equipment and materials, they understand the objectives and the methodology.
Health and Hygiene Promotion Data Collection and Reporting:
- He/She is in charge of planning, monitoring and evaluation of health and hygiene promotion/education programs in the target areas.
- He/She suggests necessary / potential modification of the health and hygiene activities in order to improve the project’s efficiency.
- He/She organizes a daily/weekly debriefing with the team.
- He/She attends the weekly PUI team meeting.
- He/She coordinates with other stakeholders on the ground – within PUI but also other NGOs of the camp – for smooth, efficient and effective implementing of health and hygiene promotion.
- He/She participates in writing an activity report.
- He/She participates in analyzing the data collected on the field.
- He/She ensures the link with PHC and MHC activities with respective team leaders.
- He/She supports the realisation of any other activities such as vaccination campaigns, survey etc. according to the needs and as directed.
- A Diploma in Public Health or Community Health Management.
- 23 years of experience in Management and public Health
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa, etc.
- Team work: shows ability to work with a team and give technical supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Stress management
Application Deadline 11th November, 2017. To apply click here