Officer - Fraud Management: Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Limited)
Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa.
With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.
The company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G services, fixed line, high-speed broadband through DSL, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
- The successful role holder will be responsible for the management of Telecommunications Services and electronic interaction for any misuse as defined by NCC, Airtel policy and GSM regulations.
- She/ he will also be responsible for the enhancement of fraud awareness in the organization in addition to implementing defined strategies that would help in the detection/reporting of fraud within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Zero fraud loss on all prepaid fraud issues:
- To ensure processes and procedures are put in place to prevent fraud and/or abuse of systems and/or accesses in the revenue generating activities.
- To minimize revenue loss from fraudulent activities.
- To prevent external or internal fraud activities that result in either a gain or loss of company resources.
- Identify known/potential fraud losses and prevent them from occurring using proactive and reactive measures; thus providing assurance that all fraud losses are identified and mitigated on a timely basis.
- Detect and Prevent Subscriber and network Fraud using the FMS and other data sources.
- Participate in fact-finding as well as admission-seeking interviews.
- To carrying out detailed investigation, to detect and to report on findings of each case and providing relevant recommendation to aid management decision making.
- Minimize Leakage from identified fraud incidents by close looping with resolver teams to close all outstanding issues.
- Investigate prepaid alarms generated on ROC fraud management
- Prepare preliminary Fraud investigation and incidence reports on findings while ensuring issues, surrounding facts and circumstances are clearly communicated in a timely manner.
- To ensure staff and/or internal/external customers are aware of the functions of the Fraud Unit and the impact of fraud on the business and the staff
Risk Assessment & Mitigation:
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to proactively prevent fraud and implement changes that can enhance detection and/or deter future subscriber fraud behavior.
- Proactively identifying possible risk and ensuring closure to avert revenue loss due to raud
- To provide first line support to law enforcement agencies and their agents.
- Ensure Compliance with the disclosure of subscriber policy and NCC regulatory principles.
- Ensure all call records and request from LEA are extracted and forwarded on a timely basis.
Skills & Knowledge
To apply click here
- A University Degree in Accounting, Economics Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the Telecoms industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Extremely detail oriented
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office tools