The Nutrition Clinical Officer- is responsible for overseeing all Nutrition activities for IRC supported health facilities and catchment communities in 4 LGAs in Adamawa State. Responsibilities will include day to day supports to Nutritional activities in the health facilities and their catchment communities, monitoring of activities, report making, coordination with other sectors and government authorities as well as close collaboration with the Nutrition unit at the state MOH & health facility staff and managers. The Nutrition Officer will have no line management responsibilities and reports to the Nutrition Manager. The position is based in Yola with regular trips to IRC’s health programs throughout Adamawa State and other parts of Nigeria as needed.
· In collaboration with the other Nutrition program staff in Nigeria, oversee the implementation of Nutrition projects implemented by IRC Nigeria (Askira Uba).
· In collaboration with the Nutrition manager and the Health & Nutrition Coordinator, ensure that Nutrition programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and WHO. Ensure that all Nutrition activities are consistent with established best practices.
· Promote the quality of the IRC’s health & Nutrition programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
· Degree in Nutrition with vast experience in CMAM programming
· At least 2 Years work experience in Nutrition programs both at clinical and community based programs and other primary Health care components is preferable
· Thorough knowledge and understanding Nutrition Policy of Nigeria
· Previous experience working in Northern Nigeria, willingness to work in Northern Nigeria
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Interested Applicants should send cover letter and resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated. Addressed to the Country Director, International Rescue Committee, Plot 902 Olu Awotesu Street, Abuja or can be sent via Email to IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org or submitted to any IRC field office in Yola or Mubi.To apply click here