Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor: HC3
The HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor- Family Planning will provide assistance to programmatic, advocacy, SBCC, community engagement and M&E technical inputs to all aspects of the family planning program. She/he will report directly to the HC3 Nigeria Deputy Director- Family Planning and work in close consultation on technical programmatic, SBCC and M&E issues with the HC3 Nigeria Team.
Position: HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor-Family Planning
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Deputy Director with the development and implementation of the Advocacy, Demand Generation and Service Provider components of the project, as assigned.
- Coordinate closely with the HC3 Nigeria Team and NURHI staff
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with health partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Director and Chief of Party.
- Provide extensive technical assistance to each state team.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- The position will be based at the He3 Office in Ahuja, but is expected to spend a substantial amount of time (approximately 30-40%) at the NURHI Office when not travelling to the States to participate in weekly planning and consultative meetings, with NURHl.
- Travel to focal states is expected to be approximately 30% or more.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP\\\'s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time. With project expansion this status may change overtime.
Education and/or Experience:
- Masters Degree or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience on Family Planning or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausaand/or Igbo is highly desirable.
Application: To apply for this position, please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified tor the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills.
Scoring: 1=Elementary skills, 2=Limited working proficiency, 3= General Professional proficiency, 4= Advanced Professional proficiency, 5=Functional Native proficiency
Note: Please note that language Shills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidate.
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document to email@example.com by 5pm (Abuja time) Thursday April 21, 2016.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor Family Planning Abuja,
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.