NSMC, Data/Internet Engineer: MTN
MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Network Surveillance, problem resolution, monitoring, controlling, escalating and dispatching of all Data/Internet network elements and ensure that MTN network faults are actioned/ resolved to company requirements. Also improve Network performance by providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Managing Network Changes and ensure that changes on MTNN network are in line with company policies and procedures. Assist in the development of an automated and effective environment for the performance of NMC duties.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, eg, by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Ensure proper bandwidth allocation procedures in order to achieve optimal bandwidth utilization on the overall ATM network
- Administer pipes to the satellite network through the Fiber Equipment.
- Ensure faults are logged in to determine network stability and recommend action steps to be taken to improve network quality
- Ensure proper monitoring and implementation of all network changes according to the organisation process and procedures.
- Provide regular updates on MTNN performance and other network issues to the management, call centres, sales and distribution, marketing and other relevant departments in the organization.
- Ensure real time performance monitoring of all network elements
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
To apply click here
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- CCNA or CCNP beneficial
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Hands-on experience in Cisco Networking experience current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in Alcatel Lucent equipments
- Knowledge of Cisco router Proficient
- Operational Maintenance
- Network Management