Mercy Corps Nigeria: ICT Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Location: Maiduguri (with 30% travel to all other field offices in northern Borno)
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 40 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- Our work covers the following sectors: economic development, livelihoods/food security, adolescent girls & Boys empowerment, financial resilience, conflict mitigation and humanitarian response.
- Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps is looking for an IT Officer to join its team in Northern Borno to provide comprehensive support in the areas of ICT and administrative support services throughout all project and field locations in Northern Borno.
Essential Job Functions
- Management of the LAN /computer network in Northern Borno.
- S/he will assist with computer maintenance, install equipment, perform preventive maintenance, and the troubleshooting of variety of hardware and software installations.
- Ensure that system and data availability meets business recovery requirements.
- Support staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of agency ICT resources.
- Provide timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed as per MCN Service Desk procedures.
- Support the on-boarding of staff process.
- Conduct user trainings, as appropriate.
- Deploy and provide ongoing technical support in ICT solutions integrated within programming interventions.
- Provide consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Support the procurement of ICT equipment and software purchases in line with MCN standards and in compliance with donor requirements.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Operations Manager and indirectly to the Country ICT Management Lead
- Works Directly With: Program, Operations, and support team
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application considered a bonus
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
Application Deadline 9th November, 2017. To apply click here