MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER: Mactay Consulting
Mactay Consulting is recruiting for fulltime MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER.
Responsible for developing and implementing media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a deep-rooted understanding of the Nigeria decision making process, sound project and time management skills and be capable of engaging with different stakeholder groups.
The position will require strong organizational skills, political insight and the ability to work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the Nigeria policy sphere and culture.
- Lead all aspects of Client's Nigeria media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation.
- Ensure press activities align with overall communication efforts.
- Work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the Nigeria policy sphere.
- Conceive, create and deliver at a high level of quality on all assigned communications outputs, including press releases, op-eds, fact sheets and briefing notes.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Mass Communication• Public Relations
- Communication• Writing • Social Media • social networking
- 5years experience in well-known international companies as a public relations or media affairs manager or consultant, responsible for operations and media affairs of the company with the aim of providing high-level strategies and recommendations;
- University degree (communications, journalism) with a deep interest in the ICT industry;
- Passionate about media relations with a strong news instinct, especially in the context of SA policy;
- A track record of transforming technical topics into easier-to-read stories;
Excellent level of English (both spoken and written); To apply click here