Local Project Coordinator The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all their activities, they encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
- The Government of Nigeria with the assistance of the UNDP has secured funding through the Global Environment Facility (GEE) to implements project that would foster sustainability and resilience in Nigeria agricultural production.
- The goal of the five-year project is to enhance long-term sustainability and resilience of food production systems in Nigeria, building greater community resilience to climate risks and other shocks that drive food insecurity.
- The project is seeking for qualified individuals to be recruited in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Overall Function of the Position
- She/he will work closely with land and water users (project beneficiaries) and with Local Government technical staff at LG, state and region level, as well as universities staff working on the project to make sure the project activities are implemented according to the project plans.
- He/she will mobilize beneficiaries and facilitate/ guide implementation of project activities.
- He/she will monitor the project activities and produce the reports to the National Project Manager.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the National Project Manager, the Field Coordinator will:
- Ensure proper management, day to day coordination and facilitation /implementation arrangements are operating for implementation of the project at assigned pilot sites;
- Represent the project in relevant meetings etc. to which MoARD / UNDP is invited in the assigned LGs and states;
- In collaboration with the PM / TA, oversee all aspects of project activities implemented under the project at local;
- Plan and execute all activities of the project in the assigned districts in close collaboration with the PM, the authorities and technicians at community, LG, state level and with contracted NGOs / researchers;
Requirements, Experience, and Skills
- A University Bachelor's degree in Geography, Environmental Science Management, Development Studies, Environmental Economies or another field relevant to the project.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar or related position
- Knowledge and understanding of biodiversity and /or ecosystems issues, with special focus on forest/range-lands and, ideally, the concepts of payments for ecosystem services;
- Field experience and understanding of Nigeria, including sustainable livelihoods issues;
- Knowledge of national policy environments will be an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Proficiency in English and the relevant local language(s)
To apply click here
- Ability to communicate effectively with local communities including complex, technical information;
- Good management, coordination, and organization skills to facilitate production of quality outputs in a timely manner;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team to produce quality outputs in a timely manner.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;