Legal Assistant: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
SCOPE OF WORK:
The IRC is implementing a protection program featuring strengthening of community based protection structures, capacity building, protection monitoring, information dissemination and referral services. The IRC will also build capacity of government authorities, local organizations and local communities around protection mainstreaming and protection monitoring. The IRC will also include legal assistance and counselling services.
- Conduct mobile field visits to target communities to meet with persons of concern (PoCs) within the community according to the weekly work plan.
- Identify legal needs in the local communities and provide on-site counseling to Persons of Concern;
- In close collaboration with the Legal Officer, conduct case intake including oversight and management of legal cases in target communities.
- Assist the Legal Officer in delivering information sessions on protection, rights and entitlements, and other legal issues as dictated by legal status, by the needs at field-level.
- Monitor and report on legal trends in the local communities on a regular basis including collating, documenting and reporting legal issues identified in the communities.
To apply click here
- University degree in Law.
- At least 2 years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization.
- Strong communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- Experience in providing legal counselling and assistance
- Strong understanding of International Human Rights and Nigerian law
- Good cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, team player.