Knowledge Management Technical Specialist: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Their Catholic identity is at the heart of their mission and operations.
- The Knowledge Management and Learning Technical Advisor will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a holistic knowledge management and learning approach for 4Children in Nigeria in order to systematically promote and capture learning.
- This will include the storage, capture and management of programmatic information that supports learning around sustainability planning, graduation and transition across multiple levels and at scale using written, visual and online formats.
- S/he will lead the development of the learning agenda in Nigeria for 4Children in collaboration with the CRS Nigeria MEAL Coordinator, MEAL Manager and liaise closely with 4Children core team members, especially as it relates to learning and documentation around graduation and transition, case management, linkages, household economic strengthening, parenting, early childhood development and adolescent programming.
- S/he will work closely with 4Children technical staff as well as IPs to design and organize technical exchange visits, webinars and other learning events.
- In addition, s/he will provide capacity strengthening to PEPFAR OVC IPs to appropriately package promising practices, develop and submit conference abstracts and prepare quality posters and oral presentations based on conference guidelines.
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Collaborate with the MEAL Technical Advisor, Program Director, 4Children core team and donors to establish the learning agenda for 4Children in Nigeria.
- With the support of the 4Children Technical Advisors assess, develop and implement strategies, platforms and forums to facilitate knowledge sharing through meetings, conferences, field exchange visits, webinars, social media and other online forums.
- Support the identification, documentation and dissemination of promising practices across States and PEPFAR OVC IPs.
- Ensure documentation of 4Children models including, but not limited to sustainability planning, graduation, case management, linkages, parenting, case management, psychosocial support, early childhood and adolescent programming.
- Contribute to the use of the 4Children data and information management system, ensuring that all country specific data, documentation and reports are indexed and updated in a timely manner and align with project standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the content management of web-based platforms for effective knowledge collection and dissemination of 4Children knowledge products.
- Liaise regularly with 4Children core team engaged in similar activities, including a global Community of Practice around sustainability/graduation/transition.
- Represent 4Children in external meetings, conferences and presentations on 4Children-related knowledge management and learning topics.
- Contribute, as relevant, to global communities of practice organized by the 4Children core team.
To apply click here
- Master\'s degree in International Development, Public Health, Communications or related field
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in communications and knowledge management in a busy, public facing and innovations driven environment
- Minimum 4 years professional experience working in a development setting
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles
- Demonstrated experience in learning agenda development and program knowledge management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent ability to synthesize research findings for a variety of audiences