Jobs at Chemonics International: Quantification Advisors in Abuja
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID, leverage the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund-financed HIV and malaria health commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support to the National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products forecast and supply plans with periodic reviews to inform funding requirements, financial gap analysis and resource mobilization.
- Facilitate on assumptions building activities that will guide the development of health product forecast and supply plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Support advocacy to the Governments on funding requirements for health commodities procurement and appropriate use for service delivery.
- Facilitate capacity building of Government and implementing partners on forecasting and supply planning processes including the development, review and implementation of standard operating procedures for these activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Competences
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply Chain Operations
- Two to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability to use forecasting and supply planning tools (e.g. Quantimed & PipeLine) is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP& MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- The Quantification Advisor will report to the Quantification Manager, in coordination with the Global Fund Liaison.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a Long-Term position for the life of the project based in Abuja, Nigeria
Note: Uploaded CV/Resume (containing detailed contact information for at least three professional references) MUST clearly indicate your name and position title. To apply click here