International Organization for Migration (IOM): Coordination Officer
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Coordination Officer (Sector / Information Management)
SVN No.: SVN2017/216(P)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the
- Programme Coordinator (CCCM/Shelter Sector), the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of Information Management solutions including data management, analysis, visualization, reporting and information sharing through the sector coordination Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise the Information Management Unit (IMU) to ensure provision of the Information Management (IM) support including data management, analysis, visualization and proper implementation of IM polices and alignment to ITC standards including quality control of data gathering and dissemination.
- Support OCHA in cross-sector information management and analysis when necessary.
- In close coordination with the Sector Coordinators and the information management team, develop information products for partners, donors and sectorial publications and ensure the dissemination and adaptation of information management tools that meet sector needs. Including sector-specific maps and graphics on a regular basis that aid forward planning as well as impact analysis.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data to facilitate and strengthen CCCM, Shelter and NFI areas of focus particularly to highlight information and assessment gaps and use the data for evidence based response and coordination.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Management Systems, Geo-informatics, Data Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Information Management for humanitarian or development activities;
- Experience in data base development/management, website development/content management are an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of humanitarian and development programming, information requirements are an advantage;
- Experience and knowledge of Cluster coordination mechanisms and humanitarian coordination structure.
- Experience in designing and implementation of Information Management methodology and systems; selection of appropriate technology standards for IM;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualization, mapping, document designing;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – Works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Planning and Organizing – Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
To apply click here
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.