International Medical Corps (IMC): Senior Finance Officer
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Senior Finance Officer to be based in its Maiduguri Office
Job Title: SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
Location: MAIDUGURI(Nigerian nationals only)
Senior Finance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on one or more programs/grants, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis. Senior Finance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager.
- Preparation of monthly pipeline updates and analysis
- Ensure grant filing, management and administration of sub awards
- Prepare and update monthly AR/AP and prepayment analysis and ensure necessary follow up action is taken to clear any outstanding items.
- Assist program staff with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
To apply click here
- Bachelors degree in Accounting , Finance, or Business Administration Degree or other relevant degree from an accredited university
- ICAN or any other professional certificate will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years cognate experience
- Experience using accounting packages
- Skills and competences in raising resources and achieving results in relief and development
- Ability to excise sound judgement and make decisions independently
- Team player with strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of international relief and development principles and humanitarian issues
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures and the mandate of donors, UN agencies and other NGOs
- Ability to network and cultivate strong relationships with government, donors and partners and other stakeholders