Human Resources Head: ACE Human Resource Consulting
ACE Human Resources Consulting – Our client, an International Non-governmental organization (INGO), is at the heart of missions and operations with the Nigerian Head office situated in Abuja with offices in the 32 states of Nigeria demonstrating extensive grassroots network and significant capacity to reach the rural poor. Focusing on agriculture, emergency response and recovery, and health.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Reports to: Country Representative
- The successful Head, Human Resources will work with managers and HR staff to strengthen the HR management capacity throughout the Country Program (CP) and will institute the use of Client’s HR management standards and good HR industry systems, processes, and practices.
- The Head of HR will provide overall strategic HR direction and will assist the Country Program’ (CP) efforts in strategic workforce planning, recruitment, talent development, employee relations, retention, and orientation/onboarding in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Advise CP’s Leadership Team, project leads and HR department on organization and staffing structures, organization effectiveness and change management, inclusion and diversity and HR Reports and Workforce Analytics.
- Lead the development of Client’s HR strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with CP objectives.
- Develop human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including workforce planning (staff planning), talent acquisition in emergency settings, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures CP’s compliance
- Educate and consult the CP leadership on the Performance Management process, understand and leverage Talent Management, coach employees and managers on employee relations, performance management workplace practice and policy issues.
- Lead CP management efforts in ensuring culture alignment with mission and guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued.
- Act as the CP liaison with the region and a key point of contact on all HR-related matters. Provide analytical reports on HR data, metrics and trends. Contribute to the agency’s Human Resources Community of Practice and Client global HR agenda.
- Manage relationships with external providers to ensure quality HR services in the areas of staff training, salary reviews, etc.
- Consult with managers and employees regarding employee relations issues to develop and sustain optimal solutions
- Research, develop, and oversee soft skills and management training program.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development strongly preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven experience in presenting, facilitating, coaching, and capacity building on HR topics.
- Experience in project management and change management (HR projects).
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in HR including emergency responses, with at least three in a senior management role with an international organization, with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advice on employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices for various countries.
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good review, monitoring and planning skills
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CP Senior Management Team and Senior Leadership Team; All CP Staff; RTA Human Resources (where appropriate), DRD/MQ, HQ/HR staff.
- External: Representatives of local government authorities; Peers from other NGOs in the country; Local legal counsel; Providers of HR-related services; Client Partners, Consultants.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all Client’s Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of Client and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
To apply click here
- Salaries are attractive and negotiable based on industry experience.