Head of Sales: Aggreko Africa
Aggreko has a dedicated team and fleet servicing the Africa region. Aggreko employs almost 700 people in Africa and has approximately 2,300 MW of capacity on-hire.
They work with passion, dedication and teamwork, building new opportunities through relentless commitment to superb customer service and first-rate product quality and reliability.
About The Role (Its purpose)
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Business Development Managers to achieve revenue and profit targets through the sale of Aggreko’s power and temperature control products and services.
Job Description (What they want you to do)
- Execute a Sector Business Plan, Inc. strategy, objectives, planned activity and P&L
- Lead, mentor and coach sales team members, with a focus on continual improvement
- Successfully deliver development, succession, recruitment and new-hire inductions plans
- Implement Performance Management programmes to address poor performance issues
- Develop excellent relationships at senior executive/ministerial level in strategically important customer and prospect organisations
- Confidently articulate and present Aggreko’s products, services and value proposition
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Aggreko processes and systems
The Person: (What you need to be successful in this role)
- A successful track record of leading sales teams in a similar environment & industry
- A demonstrable track record of the successful execution of Sector Business Plans
- Expertise in delivery of development, coaching and performance management plans
- Expertise in the successful delivery of succession and recruitment initiatives
- Demonstrable success in leading high value technical proposals, bids and tenders
- A proven ability to successfully lead direct report and cross-functional virtual teams
- Relevant experience in leading the effective utilisation of CRM systems.
- Education: Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MBA preferred
- Industry Focus Knowledge: Preferred, but not essential
- Geographical area of operation experience: Preferred, but not essential
- Language Proficiency: English + local essential
- Driving Licence: Essential.
- Aggreko Sales Behaviours: (How we would like you to operate in this role)
- They drive themselves to acquire and maintain a well-developed network, understanding the marketplace, competitors and industry trends
- They create, maintain and share robust Account Plans, ensuring Aggreko is competitively positioned to take advantage of opportunities when they arise
- They use their commercial acumen to qualify their opportunities robustly, identifying where they can win and where they cannot
- They create, maintain and share robust Sales Opportunity plans, ensuring we know what needs to be achieved to win both new and repeat business.
- They take personal responsibility to acquire and maintain the knowledge they need to understand how Aggreko’s resources, products and services bring value to their customers
- They have a deep understanding of their processes: Knowing who and where to go to when they need help to get things done. They share this knowledge freely with their colleagues
- They take the time to prepare for all their customer interactions by conducting thorough research into their organisation, their business environment and their people
- They know how to deploy Aggreko’s resources (time, people, money) in an effective and efficient manner, both in the interest of the customer and their wider business.
- Their colleagues, customers and partners’ safety is their first thought at all times
- They make every effort to ensure that their customers and colleagues needs and expectations are being met. They communicate clearly and honestly and they value both theirs and their time
- Whenever possible they use their collective knowledge and resources, but they hold ourselves accountable for the achievement of their sales targets and objectives
- We lead from the front, accept responsibility and value the opinions of others. Their ambition is to attain the status of trusted advisor, both in the eyes of our customers and our colleagues
To apply click here
- They challenge themselves. Actively seeking feedback from our colleagues and customers to understand how and where they can improve
- They aspire to best practice, leveraging their internal and external networks to inform their thoughts, decisions and actions
- They take control of their future by planning and developing a sales pipeline of closable opportunities that enable them to forecast their future business accurately
- They are inquisitive about their customers’ real needs enabling them to provide the best solutions for today and tomorrow, whilst negotiating win/win outcomes for them and their selves