Group Head Of Finance: A leading transport and logistics company
Reporting to the Chief Executive as a member of the Senior Management team, the Group Head of Finance will ensure the provision of consistent, robust and expert financial advice to the Chief Executive and other senior management colleagues; the provision of regular financial reporting to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team; provide an effective financial management service to the company (and associated subsidiary organisations) and support the Chief Executive to advise Trustees on financial matters.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure, in close cooperation with the Chief Executive that an appropriate, board approved, financial policy framework is in place to guide the company’s financial decision making (including preparation of statutory Annual Accounts).
- To ensure that the Chief Executive is appraised of key financial issues that need to be discussed with the Board of Directors to enable them to fully understand the financial position of the Company.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the company’s annual budget proposals. By providing an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
- To support the chief executive and senior team to develop a medium-term financial plan.
- Provide advice to Senior Management on these matters and continuing the development of financial awareness, target achievement and accountability in managers across the group.
To apply click here
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAN, ACA etc.).
- Experience in the use of accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Minimum of five years post qualifying experience in both accounting and management.
- Substantial experience of management at senior level.
- Excellent Team Leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpretive ability.
- Experience of developing, delivering and monitoring financial strategy.
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget and financial management information.
- Awareness of company secretarial, legal and tax issues relating to companies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a broad range of people internally and externally including non-financial specialists.