Graduate Procurement Officer: Artee Group (SPAR Nigeria)
Artee Group is one of Nigeria’s leading businesses spanning across the consumption space. While retail forms the core business activity of Artee Group, Group subsidiaries are present in shopping mall, manufacturing, real estates, among many others.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Negotiate for favorable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Sc in relevant field with 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to assigned storekeeping activities.
- Ability to maintain a computer inventory control system and analyze pertinent factors such as usage patterns, stock availability, shelf life related to stocking minimum and maximum levels.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of established storekeeping procedures, including receiving, storing, and issuing materials and supplies, and of standard inventory methods and techniques.