Graduate Analyst Program 2017 Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors. Sahara has presence in different locations including Africa, The Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
- Responsible for financial position to make better business/ investment decisions, as well as monitoring and assessing business performance and determining the matrix for assessment thereof.
- The Graduate Analyst is responsible for processing and evaluating businesses, projects, budgets and other finance-related entities to determine their suitability for investment.
- (S)He must be able to perform financial analysis at a micro and macro level to understand the financial health of the company and offer suitable recommendations.
- Recommend individual investments and collections of investments, which are known as portfolios
- Identify key drivers through structured analysis and conceptual thinking to effectively probe problems and causes; work with Strategy Team & and Businesses to develop solutions
- Present at team and client meetings, and determine the most practical way to drive lasting results based on your insights and analysis
- Conduct valuation analyses and financial assessments
- Supports team goals and assessments
- Internal: Develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company including, Finance Managers, Managing Directors, Executive Directors and the Company Board.
- External: Is expected to develop relationships with financial advisory service firms, consulting firms, tax authorities, treasury houses, Investor Relations etc.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in any of the following Management Science courses; Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Business Management, Accounting and Finance or any other degree i.e. Candidates with a bias for Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper).
- Maximum of 2 years of cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar capacity within an organisation
- Certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and oral English.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment
- Must be able to understand market trends and forecast
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must possess excellent numerical and quantitative skills
- Must be a critical thinker with good judgement and decision making
To apply click here
- Must be hard working and resourceful
- Must possess the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work