Global Account Manager: Ecobank
Ecobank Development Corporation (Ecobank Capital) is the investment banking and securities trading company of Ecobank Transnational Inc., the Pan African financial institution with banking and financial services operations across 34 countries in Africa, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. They operate across 5 regional offices in Africa namely: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroun and Ivory Coast.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Global Account Manager
Ref No: 1700000P
Job Purpose & Rationale
- Global Corporates (GC) redesign initiative aims to position the bank for growth through helping us evolve as the go-to-bank for selected Global Corporates operating in Africa.
- GC targets to grow the business while ensuring high-portfolio-quality through well-defined TM & RACs and streamlined credit initiation, monitoring and approval processes.
- GAMs will play a pivotal role in this redesign initiative.
- GAMs will be selected based on an assessment of their track record of meeting budgets, credit lending skills, industry expertise, regional knowledge and people management skills.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Acting as the Control Unit with primary credit responsibility for the relationship group as per bank policy.
- Primary senior regional contact for assigned GC relationships groups.
- Understanding GC relationship group’s Africa Strategy & Plans.
- Understanding customer banking requirements.
- Tracking potential deals.
- Coordinating marketing efforts across affiliates.
- Providing Consent to Approving Units as required.
- Credit remedial work where necessary.
- Developing account profitability plans and monitoring actual results.
- Initial and on-going due diligence.
- Parent & Operating Entity Level TM & RAC screening.
- Assigning ORRs & FRRs.
- Understand parent’s security & support policies.
- Evaluating amount, purpose, tenor, structure and security and support requirements.
- Determining relationship group level and operating entity level credit limits.
- Optimization of aggregate credit risk appetite and ensuring appropriate risk and return trade-offs.
- Preparing GCA package in coordination with lending affiliates
- Securing approvals for GCA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Marketing.
Experience & Personal Attributes:
To apply click here
- 10 or more year experience of corporate lending including due diligence processes, credit policies, financial analysis, risk rating processes, industry analysis and market understanding.
- Proven track record of successful marketing banking products, managing budgets and growing revenues.
- Strong knowledge of bank’s credit policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and negotiate on bank’s behalf at senior levels with the customers.
- Ability to pull together resources to meet customer needs while at the same time ensuring that credits extension meet bank’s internal criteria and requirements.
- Proven track record of managing people including relationship managers and credit analysts.
- A team-player with a cooperative working style.
- Self-starter and capable of working on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.