Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Reporting to the CFO, you will establish, manage, and lead the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function. This position will play a key role in ensuring the best operational and financial decisions are made while maintaining a strong focus on strategic business planning support, cost management and optimization, historical performance analysis, and complex forecasting.
- Also, this person will manage the planning process, analyze data, and develop strategy for the company’s financial planning and analysis functions.
In particular you will:
- Be involved in financial planning and analysis of the organisation. Will work with the CFO, management team to provide value-added insights into the business.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Supervise and manage the performance of a team of FP&A professionals.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics, identifying risks and opportunities related to the achievement of the company’s financial plans.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute financial modelling tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, new projects and decision making.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Prepare and maintain an efficient and effective process of evaluating, tracking and monitoring all strategic planning activity for the company with appropriate links to the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with strong skills in financial modelling.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; good knowledge of Microsoft core programs – Excel (including pivot tables and macros), word and power point
- Have an understanding of international accounting practices and standards
- Experience of having managed and improved budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support senior members of the business timely, actionable insight
- Experience in preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements
- Professional Qualification like ACCA, CFA & ACA is an added advantage
- Possess the proven ability to lead, manage and develop a high performing team
- Experience of FP&A within a matrix organisation (budgeting, forcasting, planning and analysis)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a one page cover letter with CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Knowledge Exchange Centre,
3 Fatai Kaffo Street,