Finance and Administrative Officer: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Post Number: 6NGBFM0005RP
Grade : P-3
Organizational Unit : FIELD OFFICES
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
- The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for providing a range of administrative management support activities to the UNESCO Regional Office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- He/She reports directly to the Director of Office with overall guidance from the Bureau of Financial Management.
- On matters of financial internal control in their capacity as certifying officer, the incumbent will have a functional reporting line to the Chief Financial Officer.
- He/she will receive policy guidance/ instructions from relevant sectors within UNESCO on the areas of Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Security and Office Administration.
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience with a focus on administration, finance and/or accounting, of which at least 2 years acquired at international level.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, ability to identify issues and formulate options/recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional UNESCO mandates in the Region.
- Excellent/very good knowledge of English and fair knowledge of French.
- Professionally recognized Accountancy Certification.
- Experience with international organisations or United Nations agencies.
- Field experience.
To apply click here
- Experience in the use of SAP.
- Knowledge of UN Rules, Regulations and administrative procedures.