Finance and Administration Officer: John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and be accountable for JSI’s financial, administrative, and logistical support systems, practices, tools, and records in Abuja.
- Establish and maintain strong communications and coordination with other MCSP implementing partners in country, particularly Jhpiego, and with the Child Health and RI support teams at Home Office, to maximize operational effectiveness and cost efficiencies.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, mentorship, and support to JSI’s MCSP/Nigeria MNCH prgroam finance assistants in Kogi and Ebonyi who are supporting MCSP Child Health staff and operations in these states.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of monthly financial and other administrative reports to MCSP’s central offices in Bauchi, and JSI MCSP Home Office staff as required, in coordination with the FAM and other program finance staff, as required.
- Lead the preparation of monthly cash flow requests for national-level MCSP Child Health and RI expenses in Abuja, and for Child Health expenses in Kogi and Ebonyi states.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To apply click here
- Minimum of Bachelor-level education or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy, Management or Administration.
- Certified accountant with financial specialization or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in financial and administration support and management with international development programs, including at least 3 years supporting USAID-funded programs; knowledge of the health sector a plus.
- Proven skills in organizing and supporting administrative and financial operations, procurement, and local contracting.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, budgeting, and financial analysis.