Finance Officer: The Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa
The Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007 to provide strategic workforce that supports manpower needs of Military Facilities in Nigeria. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued effort of the Nigeria Ministry of Defense Health services to provide strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the population around military health facilities, especially for the control of HIV epidemic and other related diseases.
- Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) - Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started in August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross River and Ebonyi states.
- The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities.
- LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “Mitigating the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Households”
- The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and Development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
- The role of the Finance Officer is to assist the Managing Director in providing complete financial services as dictated by HIFASS Broad program operating contractual obligations, donor requirement and Nigerian regulations. S/He will administer and maintain comprehensive reporting and budgeting systems.
- Provide HIFASS management and other partnering organizations with timely financial information to enable all levels to make timely operational decisions.
- These services may include, but are not limited to, appropriated dollar funds available for administration and technical program purposes, budget preparations, financial reporting & control, forecasting and analysis, income management, financial reporting to partners, annual accounts preparation, payroll management, staff salary evaluation & development.
- This also includes covering a variety of payment activities with respect to: employees' salaries, allowances and deductions, sub grants and other funds as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage HIFASS-LOPIN 3 Main Accounts;
- Work with HR Manager to process staff payroll, remit taxes and make other statutory/government contributions;
- Monitor lodgement of HIFASS-LOPIN 3 advance from USAID and post same into Quickbooks;
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the programme manager;
- Liaise the day to day banking transactions including cash deposit and withdrawals;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all accounting files, track and follow -up on advances and ensure timely reconciliations;
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- Degree or Higher Degree in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Experience in administrative support, posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and maintaining account balances.
- Must be an Associate Member of ICAN or ACCA or other relevant Professional qualifications.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years post NYSC, previous experience working with NGOs and International Donor-Funded program will also be added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To apply click here
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Strong Budgeting and Financial Analysis Skill
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Knowledge of Auditing principles and practices
- Attention to detailed and ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain high level of Confidentiality.
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Ability to use Spreadsheet and Data Base Softwares and Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (preferably QuickBooks)