Finance Officer - Project: Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
The Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007 to provide strategic workforce that supports manpower needs of Military Facilities in Nigeria.
- Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) - Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started in August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross River and Ebonyi states.
- The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities.
- LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “Mitigating the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Households”
- The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and Development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
- The role of the Finance Officer is to assist the Managing Director in providing complete financial services as dictated by HIFASS Broad program operating contractual obligations, donor requirement and Nigerian regulations.
- S/He will administer and maintain comprehensive reporting and budgeting systems.
- Provide HIFASS management and other partnering organizations with timely financial information to enable all levels to make timely operational decisions.
- allowances and deductions, sub grants and other funds as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage HIFASS-LOPIN 3 Main Accounts;
- Work with HR Manager to process staff payroll, remit taxes and make other statutory/government contributions;
- Monitor lodgment of HIFASS-LOPIN 3 advance from USAID and post same into Quickbooks;
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- Degree or Higher Degree in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Experience in administrative support, posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and maintaining account balances.
- Must be an Associate Member of ICAN or ACCA or other relevant Professional qualifications.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years post NYSC, previous experience working with NGOs and International Donor-Funded program will also be added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Strong Budgeting and Financial Analysis Skill
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Knowledge of Auditing principles and practices
- Attention to detailed and ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
To apply click here
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters and Resumes and additional certificates that supports or addresses the requirements listed for the position to "The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)".
- Please submit all attachments in Word or PDF formats (Cover Letter and Resume as a single file).