Finance Assistant: The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbook and guidelines.
- Ensure proper filling of document
- Assist Finance Officer to prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Establish good and considerate working relationship with all staff within the programs, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Professional qualification ICAN, ACCA will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years of experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Relevant experience in Finance and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting software (Agressor).
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of the position (Finance Assistant - Maduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application is 24th July, 2016 (any application received after the deadline will not be considered). To apply click here